Summer Design Trends
Summer is a time for fun in the sun, but it is also a great opportunity to update your home’s look with some of the latest summer design trends. Whether you want to freshen up your living room or give your patio a new feel, our trends will help you achieve the perfect summer style. Keep reading to get inspired and start transforming your home today!
Summer is the perfect time to add a pop of color to your home décor. From bold hues to pastel shades, there are endless possibilities when it comes to summer color schemes.
- Cool, Calming Colors: Blues, greens, and grays will be popular colors in home décor this summer.
- Neutrals with a Twist: Neutrals are always in style, but this summer, they are getting a colorful makeover. Instead of sticking to tried-and-true beige, try adding a touch of color with an accent wall or piece of art. A brightly colored sofa or rug can also add interest to a neutral space.
- Bold and Bright: If you are feeling daring, go all out with a bold and bright color scheme. This trend is perfect for making a statement in any room. From bright walls to vivid upholstery, there are endless ways to incorporate this look into your home. Just be sure to strike a balance between too much and too little; otherwise, your space may end up looking more like a circus than a chic summer retreat.
Coastal Grandmother (and no, you don’t have to be a grandmother)
One of the hottest summer design trends is the Coastal Grandmother look. This style is all about taking classic design elements and infusing them with a fresh, coastal twist.
- Start with the basics: light-colored walls and soft, comfortable light-colored furniture.
- Add in some personal elements: to create the space that reflects you, include a vintage heirloom or a flair of vintage styling to your design.
- Don’t forget the details that will really make your home feel like a summer retreat: potted plants, ratan materials which could be displayed in your light fixtures, furniture, and accessories. Adding plenty of natural light.
With these elements in place, you’ll have the perfect foundation for a stylish and inviting Coastal Grandmother home, if you so choose to use this terminology.
Forego the usual plastic patio furniture in favor of something a little more natural. Rattan, and bamboo are all excellent choices for those who want to enjoy the outdoors without compromising on style. These materials are not only beautiful but also durable and weather resistant. When paired with bright cushions and bold patterned fabrics, they can create a space that is both eye-catching and inviting. This summer, take advantage of the warmer months by bringing some of nature’s beauty into your home.
Outdoor Living Spaces
This year, the outdoor living space trend is expected to continue as more and more people look for ways to enjoy their time outdoors.
Here are some ways to improve your outdoor living space:
- Fire pits: There is nothing like gathering around a fire on a cool summer night. Fire pits provide both light and heat, making them a perfect addition to any outdoor living space.
- Pergolas: Pergolas are a garden structure that can provide shade and protection from the sun. They are a popular choice for those who want to create an inviting outdoor seating area.
- Outdoor Kitchens: More and more homeowners are choosing to install outdoor kitchens, complete with all the amenities of indoor kitchens. This is a great way to extend the living space of your home and enjoy time with family and friends outdoors.
Geometric patterns are having a moment in the design world. From bold wallpaper to colorful accents, these eye-catching shapes are popping up everywhere. And it is no wonder why: Geometric patterns add instant energy and interest to any space. One of the easiest ways to incorporate geometric patterns into your home is with accessories. Throw pillows, rugs, and towels are all great options. If you want something a little more permanent, consider wall decals or vinyl wall art.
No matter what trends you decide to follow this summer, the most important thing is to have fun! Experiment with different colors, patterns, and textures to create a space that is truly your own. Summer is the perfect time to try something new, so don’t be afraid to take risks.